Suggest treatment for red, itchy rashes on body and running nose in child

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My wife is 36 years old and we have a 10 month old baby. Last night at 11pm BST, she spotted a mild rash on her elbow - first photo attached. We applied an antihistamine cream.
This had gone down by 1pm, but at 7am she found the following rashes.
She has a normal temperature and feels well.
Should she seek medical care today or wait for tomorrow? We are mainly concerned for our infant son. Neither he or I show any symptoms. I have been suffering from a cold with a very runny nose.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Image not received; Kindly try and upload an Image, again

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have gone through your query and I have noted down your concern.

Unfortunately I have not received any Image. I request you to try and upload the image again. You may upload an Image either at "Reports Section" Or else you may mail me the image at the following email ID: YYYY@YYYY . Kindly mention the subject line of this mail as Attention:Dr.Kakkar.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urticaria/ Hives; Oral antiallergic e.g cetrizine tablets

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Thank you.

I have reviewed the Images.
I can see figurate, red, patches at various body sites. I guess they must be itchy?
This seems like urticaria/ hives to me and it seems like it is an allergic reaction.
I don't think there any cause of concern because of this as far your son is concerned
I suggest that she takes a tablet of antihistamine/ antiallergic e.g either cetrizine 10 mg, once or twice daily, for a week or 10 days. Topically she may continue with the anti-itch cream/lotion.