Suggest treatment for red dots on the back of calf

Posted on Tue, 17 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: have about 7 red dots on back of calf in a cicrle and in middle of them it looks like a bruise. it started out looking like a rash. have had it for about a week and in last 3 days the dots came up.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be due to tick bite. Please do not take it lightly.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through the description and have checked the attached image. It does not seem to be due to a rash; rather, it seems to be due to a tick bite. I would insist you not to ignore it. Visit a doctor and get a clinical evaluation done. Treatment will depend on the findings.
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 31 minutes later
A tick bite really? Would said tick have just bitten me or possibly be in my leg around area affected?
Brief Answer:
Tick bites can occur on legs

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. It is hard to comment like that. There is a difference between clinical examination and looks alone but going by the looks, the structure of the lesion resembles that of a tick bite.
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha