Suggest treatment for red bumps on the vaginal lips and inner groin area

Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi,

I have a few small red bumps on the outer lips of my vagina and inner groin area. They are not itchy or puss filled or any of the other symptoms I have seen associate with bumps in this area. Any information would be helpful. My boyfriend just got STD checked and he was clean.

Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
hello! Ι have been through your question.

Detailed Answer:
Related your concern first I need to know what kind of std test has been done your boyfriend?
I have seen your picture and according my experience this look like some bumps with fulfilled fluids and I doubt that the most probably this could be a genital herpes (hsv2) and herpes appears as painful blisters in the genital area. Although the herpes infection itself is not particularly dangerous, the biggest problem is that it tends to come back in the same area multiple times.Most people with genital herpes don't know they have it because in most people it produces either no symptoms or very mild ones so I wonder if your boyfriend has been testing for HSV2 ?
I suggest for both to meet an sexual diseases specialist and to do a physical a examination and take a test for HSV2 from the blood and your blisters in order to exclude this and to start as soon as possible the right medication (acyclovir), if results are positive .
I hope my answer helps you.
I wish you a quick recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana