Suggest treatment for red bumps on the legs

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: I woke up one evening from a nap scratching at my leg like crazy. Soon after developed the red bumps that looked like bites in a trail. That's was like two weeks ago all this started they will ich so bad I end up scanning them over. Then about a day or so later they full with puss under the scab so I pick that out and then it heals and more groups of these pop up out of nowhere somewhere else on my leg. These are not going away.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
The description matches with scabies

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through the description and understand your concerns. It seems that you could have scabies. Scabies is a disease caused by scabies mites which burrow under the skin. This leaves a trail and later these become pus filled. These are very itchy in nature. If that is the case, you would need to apply anti-scabetic lotion like ascabiol or permethrin all over the body neck downwards at night and in the morning you have to scrub it off with soap. The clothes and bedsheets have to be changed and washed thoroughly and the process needs to be repeated for 3 consecutive days. It also needs to be done simultaneously for other family members since they could be harbouring the infection and could act as reservoirs.