Suggest treatment for red bumps on the face

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 28 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hello sir/ma'am,
for last few days, m getting marks almost on my complete face. Please suggest what to be done. Earlier it use to be on my neck only. Images attached.
thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pseudofolliculitis or Razor bumps along with acne

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
I can see red, inflamed bumps mainly in your beard region. I think you have pseudofolliculitis barbae or Ingrown hair or simply known as 'Razor bumps' which is most likely due to close shaving.
You also have a few bumps on your forehead which is acne.
I suggest you to avoid close shaving. Use a single blade razor, preferably with a guard. Else you may use a trimmer.
I suggest you to take an oral antibiotic e.g cap doxycycline 100mg, twice daily for 2-4 weeks. Topically I suggest you to apply either nadifloxacin gel, twice daily or benzoyl peroxide 2.5 %gel, twice daily.
These are prescription medications and I suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana