Suggest treatment for red bumps around the anal region

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have what looks like bug bites all around my anus,probably 15. It first felt like burning, then they started popping up and were very itchy and now they don't really have any symptoms, just raised red bumps with hard tops. At first they almost looked like pimples, then the tops came off(I think I scratched in my sleep) and it was painful and then it closed again and now it's just there. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist and venereologistp. I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload an image in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibilities for your concern

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. I have viewed the Images.

I would keep a possibility of bacterial folliculitis, however I would especially like to rule out Genital Herpes. Are you sexually active?
You may use a topical antibacterial cream/ ointment e.g mupirocin 2% cream or neosporin ointment, twice daily.
I would suggest that you get screened for HSV type 1 and 2, IgM and IgG (HerpeSelect)