• question-icon

Suggest treatment for red blisters around mouth, chin, nose and scalp

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I have a pretty bad rash that started on my chin over a week ago. It consists of very red, small blisters and it has spread across my chin, around my mouth, under my nose and now on my scalp. I also have a mild head ache and mild congestion and the glands are swollen under the left side of my jaw. I have stopped using all face products although it feels like an allergic reaction, I can't figure out to what. I also have Celiacs disease and I wonder if it is related. I do not eat gluten. Any idea what this could be and should I go to the doctor?
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly send me pictures of that rashes.

Detailed Answer:
Wecome to HCM.

These red and small blisters kinds rashes could be urticarial rash (allergic) or could be infective but I will need to inspect those rashes by naked eye before coming to any certain conclusion.

So,it would be better if you could send me clinical pictures of these rashes ,so that I can guide you better.

Also tell me is there any itching or burning sensations?

Kindly get back to me with more information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Sandip Kabra 6 hours later
Yes there is some itching and burning sensations. I am trying to figure out how to send a picture so I will work on that.
I sent a picture via email because I do not know how to send it here.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out contact dermatitis or allergic eczema or herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for sending the picture.

As you had already tried antibiotic and hydrogen peroxide but still you had not improved,it rule out having any bacterial skin infection.

From the picture,I will want to rule out contact dermatitis or allergic eczema.
Also We need to rule out any viral infection like herpes or allergic like urticarial rash but its chances are less as far as I am thinking.

So,you should see dermatologist and get examined by him who can order some blood works and skin swab tests to rule out herpes simplex.

After we rule out herpes,topical steroid certainly will help you with oral antihistamines like fexofenadine or levocetrizine.

As steroids are prescription drugs,you will need to seek advice from dermatologist.

Hope this will help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Sandip Kabra