• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for red blisters around mouth, chin, nose and scalp

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I have a pretty bad rash that started on my chin over a week ago. It consists of very red, small blisters and it has spread across my chin, around my mouth, under my nose and now on my scalp. I also have a mild head ache and mild congestion and the glands are swollen under the left side of my jaw. I have stopped using all face products although it feels like an allergic reaction, I can't figure out to what. I also have Celiacs disease and I wonder if it is related. I do not eat gluten. Any idea what this could be and should I go to the doctor?
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly send me pictures of that rashes.

Detailed Answer:
Wecome to HCM.

These red and small blisters kinds rashes could be urticarial rash (allergic) or could be infective but I will need to inspect those rashes by naked eye before coming to any certain conclusion.

So,it would be better if you could send me clinical pictures of these rashes ,so that I can guide you better.

Also tell me is there any itching or burning sensations?

Kindly get back to me with more information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Sandip Kabra 6 hours later
Yes there is some itching and burning sensations. I am trying to figure out how to send a picture so I will work on that.
I sent a picture via email because I do not know how to send it here.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out contact dermatitis or allergic eczema or herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for sending the picture.

As you had already tried antibiotic and hydrogen peroxide but still you had not improved,it rule out having any bacterial skin infection.

From the picture,I will want to rule out contact dermatitis or allergic eczema.
Also We need to rule out any viral infection like herpes or allergic like urticarial rash but its chances are less as far as I am thinking.

So,you should see dermatologist and get examined by him who can order some blood works and skin swab tests to rule out herpes simplex.

After we rule out herpes,topical steroid certainly will help you with oral antihistamines like fexofenadine or levocetrizine.

As steroids are prescription drugs,you will need to seek advice from dermatologist.

Hope this will help you.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by
Dr. Sandip Kabra

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 3078 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Topical steroid

doctor1 MD

Hello .I have a red, striated-looking rash, in what looks like jagged vertical thin lines on both sides of my body along the rib cage extending up...

doctor1 MD

I have eosinophil count more than 12 in blood. So in winter I have cough and could. In summer I get rashes. For that rashes now I using Betnovate...

doctor1 MD

My son has an itchy red rash on his earlobes. It's been here for 2 weeks. 3 weeks ago, he had rash on lower right leg. Looked like poison ivy....

doctor1 MD

Hi Last year I had to arrest a Somalian and I thought I got bit by fleas. I have six raised red spots that itch incessantly. I got eczema as a...

doctor1 MD

I was having itching in my areas involving touching such as thighs, underarms and it was causing sour smell, so i asked one of the doctors here and...

doctor1 MD

I just noticed these spots under my armpit a few inches. It is slightly itchy. Its only here, no where else on body. I recently used a tanning bed...

doctor1 MD

hi I was wondering if you could tell me if I have hpv . I sweat a lot down there and went to the doc about a week ago. when i got there the...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

151 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Sandip Kabra
  • Q - Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine

  • Q - What do white bumps on lips indicate?

  • Q - What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head

  • Q - Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion

  • Q - What causes small lump on lower back?

  • Q - Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?

  • Q - What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?

  • Q - Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?