Suggest treatment for red and swollen vagina
I believe now I am having a yeast infection, Ian worried maybe it's an STI or worse like herpes ( I don't see abnormal bumps) but my vagina is red and sore as in irritated. hardly any discomfort in peeing. do have some white odorless discharge.
is there anything else I need to watch out for or be concerned about.
picture is red swollen part of my vagina. thanks!
Looks like vulvovaginitis
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the attached image. From your symptoms it looks like vulvovaginitis to me which is inflammation or infection of the vulva and vagina. It may be caused by chafing or friction rub which occurred after intercourse which you had prior to these symptoms or the second possibility is of an infection can be caused by bacteria or yeast.
I suggest you to follow up with your gynecologist as you need to get a pelvic swab sample done for the cervical discharge to rule out any bacterial or fungal infection. Apply cold compresses and wear cotton undergarments. Oral anti inflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful but they should be taken after a prescription from your doctor.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Suggest treatment for itching in vagina and anus
- Treatment for red and swollen labia
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for swollen hard red nose
- Suggest treatment for pain in vagina and bladder
- 35 weeks swollen vagina treatment
- Swollen vagina lips pregnant 39 weeks treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen painful red toes
- Used vibrator for orgasm vagina is swollen suggest the treatment