• question-icon

Suggest treatment for red and itchy skin on the ankles and shin

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question:
Hello Doctor i have attached 3 photos of my ankle and shin from both of my legs. There has been red blotching and very itchy - i dont itch and red marks/scabs still form. This has happened 2 times before recently. I have tried e45 which was recommed by another doctor but no effect - i have also rird vaseline but still it spreading / staying with blood and redness. Thank you Doctor
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be eczema, topical steroid, moisturising lotion & antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints as well as reviewed the attached photographs.
You seem to be having eczema.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream on the affected areas twice daily along with frequent and liberal application of a moisturising lotion containing white soft paraffin on the entire legs 2-3 times in a day.
Also take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist