• question-icon

Suggest treatment for recurring yeast infections

Posted on Wed, 18 Jan 2017 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi,
5 weeks ago I had unprotected oral and vaginal sex. I am a male.
I developed itchy anus, buring sensation after urination & ever so slight yellowy discharge and sore throat. I got tested for everything but came up clear. 3 weeks ago I went and asked for a Ghonorea treatment from the doctor and had an injection and 7 days of antibiotics. My itchy anus and throat got better during the antibiotics but came back again after I finished. Panicking I have then taken 1000mg of Azithromycin 5 days ago. This again helped with the itchiness and throat but it has come back again today. My discharge is clear and ever so slight, not alot at all. As an overarching condition I have Primary Aldosteronism and that has caused me to have tingling in the penis before over the past 3 years. I have had 4 std tests over the past 3 years also and all come up clear. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ask for anti yeast medications

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description it appears that you have yeast infection which is recurring again and again. It seems that you develop secondary infection which gets treated with help of antibiotics and original yeast infection remains there to recur again and cause itching.

Presence of negative tests almost rules out other possible STD infections and I think they got treated with help of antibiotics.

I request you to discuss possibility of yeast infection with your doctor and start anti fungal treatment.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 27 minutes later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX thanks for this info. is it possible to get anti yeast medications from the pharmacy without a prescription? I have reasons for not wanting to discuss my symptoms with my family doctor. regards and thanks. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unfortunately no

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for reverting back to me.

Some of the medicines are available over the counter such as candid powder and can be purchased from the local pharmacy without prescription.

Most of the other medicines used for yeast infection need prescription and need to talk to your doctor.

I understand your reservation for not discussing with your doctor but I think we have no other option.

I hope this helps you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist