Suggest treatment for recurring rash on skin
Tea tree oil not very effective
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I understand from your query that you have been having a recurring rash.
I have seen your previous queries where a diagnosis of fungal infection has been made.
The present rash could be the same fungal infection or as you have suspected, it could be scabies since you have had close contact with individuals with scabies.
Tea tree oil has anti inflammatory properties, but it is not very effective in killing the scabies mites.
I would suggest you to apply 5% Permethrin cream as a single overnight application and wash it off the next day morning.
However, it would be better if you could send me a clinical picture of the rash so that we can differentiate between a fungal infection and scabies.
You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.
Please revert back.
Dr. Johny Chacko
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrent itchy red skin rashes
- Suggest treatment for skin rash
- Suggest treatment for skin rash after taking amoxclv
- Suggest treatment for diaper rash
- Suggest treatment for skin rash after a fever
- Suggest treatment for arthritis pain and skin rash
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- Suggest treatment for allergic skin rash
- Suggest treatment for skin rash due to allergic reaction
- Suggest treatment for skin rash on body
- Dry and scaly skin around elbows and knees, use lotion regularly. Could...
- Having some strange spots on face with stinging and tingling sensation....
- Loosing hairs for last some time and used Mintop hair oil. Black marks...
- How to get rid of pimple scars?
- Having skin allergy, getting red rashes. Told to have Uritcaria. On...
- Had wrinkles, neck type pouch. Used radio waves to tighten, having more...
- Have had botox on forehead. Discovered a lump on forehead and vision...
- Diabetic, taking insulin along with Janumet and Glucophage. Having...
- Suffering from skin eruptions. Having burning and itching sensation. Cause?
- Getting eruptions these days. What could be the case?