Suggest treatment for recurring piles

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 in Constipation
Question: Currently I am suffering for a anal fissure and not sure if I have the piles. Last 2years back gone through the MIPH surgery but again it was coming back. Can you help me the best place to treat this? Also is it harm to go for second operation?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
see a surgeon

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

There are chances of recurrance of piles after the surgery as usually there are three main piles in the body. If only one or two of them were removed then recurrence can occur in the rest of them.

So i would suggest that you show to a surgeon for a physical examination as diffence between fissure and piles can be told for sure after examination only. And further management will depend upon the examination finding only.

And there is usually no harm in a second surgery but it will depend upon the result and outcome of the first surgery, which will be revealed after the examination only.

So show to a surgeon once.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj