question-icon

Suggest treatment for recurring pain in upper back

Posted on Thu, 14 May 2015
Question: For 3 days I have had recurring pain in my upper back near the spine. I think it may be muscle strain from beginning to play golf after being inactive for some time....it seems to be getting worse...Thank you...
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
could be muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have read your query.
There is possibility of upper back muscle spasm.
I will advise you muscle relaxant and neurotropic medication like methylcobalamine for early relief. You can start them consulting your doctor.
Physiotherapy like IFT And TENS will help you.
At this age there may be associated osteoporosis leading to pain.
Take calcium supplements and vitamin D supplements for strengthening of spine.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us. I will be happy to answer. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon