Suggest treatment for recurring, itchy red blotches on hands

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: HI
I have red blotches on my hands,,,and sometimes they itch. It went away and then came back. All over fingers palms and now some welts on my lower wrist. I am not sure if I ate something or take something that I am allergic too. I use cortisone and Cortaid crea,
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly reply to questions

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to HCM.
I have read your query and understood your concern.

It seems that you are suffering from a skin condition called urticaria.
Urticaria is of two types acute and chronic. When duration is more than 6 weeks, it is known as chronic urticaria.

This allergy can be due to number of reasons like recent infection, any food, seasonal change, dust etc.

I would like to advise you following investigations:
1) Complete blood count
2) Absolute eosinophil count
3) Blood sugar
4) Thyroid profile
5) urine : routine and microscopy

Kindly get back to me with reports of above investigations so that i can advise you further to my best.
Till the time, you may take tablet levocetrizine 5 mg in night time for symptomatic relief.

Stay healthy.