Suggest treatment for recurring cysts in spine

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Back Pain
Question: I have had 2 surgeries to remove the stenosis and a cyst in my spine. The first surgery, December 2013, addressed the thoracic region; with removal of the cyst and laminectomy performed. The second surgery was completed July, 2014. The cyst was returning and pins were inserted to stabilize the thoracic. In addition, a laminectomy was performed in the lumbar region. I have extreme discomfort with numbness and tightening from the hips to the knees and numbness in the feet have never gone away. I use a cane and/or walker for mobility outside the home. This is exactly the same situation which prevailed before I had either surgery.

Presently, I do PT 3 times a week on a stationery seated bike and leg press and pool PT almost daily. I have found no improvements.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You has lumbar sondylosis as it is common in your age.

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You has lumbar sondylosis as it is common in your age. Glucosamine and Mecobalamin is helpful. You can take analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief.Further commenting will require your clinical examination, X ray and MRI of region.

You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon