Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for recurring back pain due to degenerative disc problem

Answered by
Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Practicing since :1997

Answered : 1619 Questions

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have a degenerative disc problem in my back. Approximately two years ago while in argentina i was given an injection of blokium b12 and found releif. Now the pain is reoccurring and i am living in usa. Where can i purchase injectible blokium b12 in the usa.

Or is there something similar or better in the usa in order to subside the pain.

Also what is the best and strongest anti inflamatory i can purchase over the counter for temporary releif until such time as i can obtain the injection of blokium b12
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is prescription only drug

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. The Injection blokium b12 is available on prescription only.So, for that you may have to contact nearby local doctor, if possible. It may be available by other name like Virobron B12 NF, Dioxaflex B12.
For now you may have over the counter strong analgesic like Tablet. Aleve (Naproxen) along with hot water fomentation and rest.
I wish if I could be of more help to you.
Take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Aleve

doctor1 MD

I was vomiting all night, then diarrhea, fever(99.7) and then leg halves. I ve taken aleve, generic imodian. The fever has gone down, diarrhea gone but I still have the itchy leg halves. The halves are starting to appear on my arms now. I am out of town, should I go to a clinic? The only thing I can eat is water and crackers.

doctor1 MD

Yes I have been taking Aleve for joint pain and it was very effective but recently I have been getting nose bleeds. I am thinking this has to do with the Aleve so I have stopped taking it. Does MegaRed joint care have anything in it that will also cause my nose to bleed?

doctor1 MD

I had a bowel movement this morning .... with soft formed dark colored feces and flowing out from the feces into the toilet water was maroon colored and it discolored the toilet water to reddish maroon. I have chronic low back pain, stopped Ibuprofen years ago because of the same problem and after a time the stools were soft formed, normal. So, after several years of normal stools I started taking Aleve and using a TENS unit for low back pain for about 3 months now and the bloody stools are back again. I m 73 y.o. female, 5 5 , 165# and in good health, no medicine except buproprion for depression and Aleve for chronic low back pain. I ve tried physical therapy, chiropractor who treated me with cold laser and stim (electrodes on my low back), now an acupuncturist. I have an appointment with a neuronsurgeon a month from now hoping he ll order a CT scan to determine if my back pain is a structural problem.... which can be easily corrected with non-invasive surgery... In the meantime I plan to discontinue the Aleve altogether. Your thoughts? I care for two grandchildren and need to be strong and healthy :)

doctor1 MD

I have internal and external hemerroids and have just had a bowel movement that was quite bloody. The external ones were not the culprits this time. I have been taking 4 generic aleve pills a day for some time for extreme pain in my toe joints. Could this be my problem? I had a colonoscopy in 2008 and no problems were found. I am a 48 year old woman who is in reasonably good health, but I'm sort of a basket case tonight!

doctor1 MD

I was unplugging a big cord from a wall was a 2 outlet fixture with 6 outlet attachment on it.i was electrocuted pulling it out of the finger got electrocuted and it hurt but I am okay now,do you think it could have damaged...

doctor1 MD

Hi sir, I'm 30 years old I have been suffering with severe headache from past 10years. 5 years ago I consulted a neurologist and got diagnosed with a pineal region epidermoidal cyst but the size is 12*12*12mm so no need of surgery. and from then I...

doctor1 MD

XXXXXXX my head on the wind sheld two days ago and still have some swelling and this moring i have blood pooling at the XXXXXXX of my right eye