Suggest treatment for recurring abdominal pain and dizziness

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am experiencing an upset stomach, with rumbling, and occasional stomach pain, plus some shortage of breath and dizziness. The symptons have recurred on and off for the past week.I fainted once, a week ago. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details needed

Detailed Answer:

I do understand your pain and discomfort. Let me know more about your problem:-

1)Do you have any swelling of legs, ankles and feet

2)Do you feel chest pressure, tightness, pain or a squeezing sensation in your chest area which spreads to your arms?

3)Do you feel pain after eating ? And whether you have abdominal tenderness?

Please follow up with detailed answers

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 32 minutes later
Thanks for the response
Answers to your queries
1- I believe a slight swelling in lower legs and ankles
2- some shortness of breath but not strong chest pressure
3- yes feel pain after eating some meals and also abdominal tenderness
thank you
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for providing those details. Accordingly my suggestions are:

1)Stop drinking alcohol and smoking if any

2)Choose a diet that limits fat and emphasizes fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean protein

3)Try to drink more fluids throughout day and keep water bottle on hand.

4) Consider using pancreatic enzymes which contains [amylase + lipase + protease] before your meal and it can help your body break down and process the nutrients in the foods you eat. These enzymes are available as supplements. Your pharmacist should know about it.

5) Please consult with your local doctor and discuss about running few blood tests like serum amylase and lipase and a abdominal ultrasound to rule out underlying cause associated with your problem.

I hope I was able to answer your question if you have further clarifications please do not hesitate to ask me.

Wish you a good health

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
thank you for your advice, Doctor
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks and wish you a quick recovery.

If you are satisfied please give your valuable feedback.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee