Suggest treatment for recurring Lyme disease and mononucleosis
Full treatment by physician/ prevent repeat infection.+ resistance
Thanks for the query through HCM.
Your young daughter is having lymes/ mono infections every year, for last 3 years. Naturally you are concerned about her health. I understand it.
* Lyme disease- Lyme disease is a bacterial infection caused by tick bites. To start with it has a local circular inflammatory lesion at the site of bite- which subsides over few weeks to days
The disease then slowly progresses to involve skin, joints, heart & nervous system. Amoxicillin, doxycyclin according to treating doctor's choice. A full treatment is to be given to en root the infection & avoid progression of more sever symptoms .
- Another attack with the same skin lesion denotes fresh infection so prevention from tick bite is of main importance.
* Mono infection-It is infectious mononucleosis infection caused by EBV virus, It is carried through saliva. So the disease is called kissing disease.
The treatment with antibiotics/ anti inflammatory drugs, some times cortisone helps early cure..
- In short infectious mononucleosis is a self limiting condition , though prolonged & uncomfortable, it is self limiting, healing earlier with medications.
- Your daughter had it twice - & the only way to have it again is by reinfection.
** Ultimately the conclusion is repeat infections need not occur yearly in your daughter's case.Only thing she has to do is prevent reinfection by -
- Avoiding tick bite ( lymes disease). She has to restrict her out door activities where she is in contact with animal harboring ticks. ( specially dears.)
Or treat home & pets to free them from ticks.
- Avoiding to be in contact with infected saliva ( for Mono)- by avoiding kissing with the person who had mono infection/ practicing good hygiene would help.
- Increasing resistance by-
- Healthy diet( rich in proteins/ vitamin A, E, D ),
- daily exercises,
- healthy habits/ good personal hygiene.
** In short,
- full treatment of both diseases,
- good bodily resistance,
- Periodical check up by doctor
- Prevent reinfection
Are the steps to good health & preventing the infections in future for your daughter.& I am sure she will achieve it .
I hope the answer was informative & useful to you. Any follow up query is welcome. wish your daughter a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is erythrocin used in the treatment of lyme disease?
- Diagnosed with lyme disease suggest the treatment
- Lyme disease best treatment
- Antibiotic treatment for lyme disease
- Suggest treatment for pain due to lyme disease
- Treatment and cure for Lyme disease
- Advanced lyme disease treatment
- Homeopathic treatment for lyme disease
- Rocephin treatment for lyme disease
- Aggressive lyme disease treatments for chronic lyme disease