question-icon

Suggest treatment for recurrent vomiting in children

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: My 23 monrhs baby vomitting more often in every 2-3 weaks and we are giving ondem syrup to her but it does not have permanent solution of her vomit problem what to do? And is it safe to us zo 50 solution?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das (53 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
A surgical consultation is essential to evaluate the cause

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Intermittent or recurrent vomiting is not normal and its cause needs to be looked into. Ondem contains ondansetron which is an effective anti-emetic. It can be given as needed. A permanent solution would be to resolve the original problem which can only be done after proper diagnosis. A surgical consultation can make things clearer.

Zo 50 contains an antibiotic called ofloxacin. It is frequently prescribed in children and is well tolerated. I would consider it to be rather safe to be given. But I doubt if giving it would be relevant in such a case.

Dr. Diptanshu Das
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician