Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for recurrent vaginal fungal infections

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Hello, I am 20 years old and I am have been doctoring since April.. and I am still not seeing any results. I have been experiencing pain when I pass urine as well as when I am having sex. the outside of my vagina is what hurts. I have been tested for STD's and Bacterial Vaginitis as well as Trichomoniasis. The tests all came back negative and only showed a little bit of yeast. My urine is cloudy as well. I have been treated for bacterial vaginitis twice with flagyl. I have been on a few different medications for the infection and I have also changed my laundry detergent and only take showers. I have been taking many precautions because I am sick of dealing with this. Any help from you would be great because this is starting to become a recurring issue that I want to get fixed! Thanks so much!
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
recurrent infections

Detailed Answer:
Re current infections can occur in some pre disposed people . First do a urine test . The cloudy appearance may be due to protein content in the urine . Make sure your blood sugar is normal results. Recurrent infections occur in diabetic people too . Reduce salt and sugar intake . I would suggest you use robotic capsules and vaginal wash for a period of 3-6 mths . Use only cotton inner wear . Wash only with plain water . No soap or lotions or perfumes .kn te genital area . Avoid intercourse for a week or two . You also need to drink at least 3 litre water daily . Check for urine infection also.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for recurrent vaginal fungal infections 19 minutes later
I forgot to mention that I have had many Urine tests done and every time my urine comes back clean the doctor says. Could it maybe be a kidney infection or a bacterial infection that Is higher up? I am just in need of getting this fixed. Not only is it starting to ruin my life.. it is ruining my boyfriends life too because when he wants to have sex I have to turn him away because I am in to much pain. I appreciate your response and if you have any other ideas I would love to hear them so I can ask my family doctor. I live in a small town so there is only one doctor.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
kidney infection

Detailed Answer:
Well, if there is a kidney infection, the urine test should also show the infection.
You can however, so a ultrasound of the kidney and bladder to rule out cystitis or renal stones which may also cause pain. Another possibility is the bacterial vaginitis, which causes vaginal itching and burning(esp during urination). Start the probiotic capsules and the vaginal wash. Hopefully you will see some improvement. Do a oral course of clindamycin and metronidazole to treat any secondary infection. Drink lots of water. Avoid caffeine, sugar and salt.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for recurrent vaginal fungal infections 1 minute later
Thanks so much for help!!!
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Happy to help.

Detailed Answer:
Happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor