Suggest treatment for recurrent typhoid infection

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Ayurveda
Question: i have been suffering from typhoid since last 6 years along with tonsilitis and vertigon problem. typhoid reoccurs in every 3-4 weeks. i have taken various alopathic medicine such as ofloxacine,meccanine,xone(1gm injection) and a lot more from last 6 years. The disaese increases during examination period and doctor has told me that it happens because of cervical problem. i have also tried homeopathic medicine but of no use.today also i went through all the tests and the report was again positive for typhoid .
And report is as shown :-
SALMONELA TYPHI "O" 1:80 (+)
SALMONELA TYPHI "H" 1:80 (+)
HAEMOGLOBIN - 10GM
What are the medications, diets and exercise in ayurveda to get rid of chronic typhoid
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
symptom wise approach

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and prior to start the management do let me help you with the understanding of disease.

1. MDR (multi drug resistance) and/or resiatance with quinolones (ofloxacin) is quite common, so do ask for a blood culture to know about the sensitivity of antibiotic.

2. Two most common complication of chronic typhoid is/are:

. carrier stage
PS. since 'H' agglutinins develop as a result of past history thus to know whether you are a carrier or not one should look for Vi agglutinin in Widal Test.

. chronic cholecystitis: do let me know if you suffer from recurrent episodes of pain abdomen, and whether ultrasonography of abdomen has revealed anything about gall bladder.

3. Since disease is chronic have you experienced any other serious complications related with typhoid, like:
Meningitis-Myocarditis-Septicemia- Shock for which hospitalisation was needed?

4. Apart from Injectable have you taken Oral Immunisation against Typhoid Fever?

5. Do revert back with your clarifications for further necessary assistance and management.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T