Suggest treatment for recurrent sore under bottom lip
Close possibility of herpes. Antiviral treatment required.
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.
I can understand your concern for the sore over u our bottom lip occur in recurrently.
After analyzing the picture and correlating with its recurrence it appears to be related to herpes of the lip area.
Closely analyzing the picture shows multiple small excoriated areas with crusting and superficial ulceration. This makes a close possibility of herpes in the same.
In such kind of cases a test of herpes IgM and IgG is done to confirm the same.
In my patients I prefer to give antiviral treatment t with Famcyclovir 500 mg three times a day for 5 to 7 days.
An antibacterial cream such as fucidin or Mupirocin is required to take care of the secondary infection.
I suggest you to meet a doctor preferably a dermatologist for further follow up and prescribed treatment.
I hope this helps.
Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD - Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chapped lips
- Suggest treatment for canker sores inside the lip
- Suggest treatment for chronic dry lips
- What treatment is suggested for canker sore on lower lip
- Sore on upper lip not healing treatment
- Suggest treatment for dryness and itchiness under the lips
- Treatment for boils under the lip
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for pigmentation of lips
- What is the treatment for boils on bottom lips