Suggest treatment for recurrent sinusitis
Earlier, doctor was suggesting that surgery may be required if DNS is present. Please let me know your views about the findings in CT Scan and is surgery the only option. If so, please let me know little bit about the procedure.
need for surgery depends on you
Hi Mr XXXXXXX
Surgery for recurrent sinusitis or nose block etc is considered mainly on patient's symptoms. If the symptoms are recurrent and are affecting the quality of life over considerable length of time then surgery is considered.
Surgery is not considered as an option only based on CT scan findings. Many people have lot of abnormal findings when CT PNS is done but will have no or minimal symptoms. So the decisison to operate is taken based on the distress of the patient which is corroborated by endoscopy and CT findings.
If your symptoms are disturbing your routine life and causing considerable distress then it will be worthwhile getting surgery done.
Just one more thing, it is very important to rule out allergy before opting for surgery. Allergy can cause inferior turbinate hypertrophy and mucosal thickening.
The procedure is called FESS. It is usually done under general ansesthesia. An endoscope is inserted into the nose and the the necessary procedure is performed under endoscopic visualisation.
Dr Rajkishori Godhi
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for recurrent sinus disease
- Symptoms of recurrent sinusitis
- Recurrent sinus disease causes
- Treatment and cure for recurrent sinus infections
- Recurrent sinus infections causes
- Treatment of recurrent sinusitis
- Reasons for recurrent sinus infections
- Recurrent sinusitis causes
- Recurrent sinusitis marijuana smoke
- Treatment and cure for recurrent sinusitis