Suggest treatment for recurrent scabies infection
Personal care & expert's advise would help.
Thanks for the query . I understand your concern.
Scabies is in fact a very difficult skin infestation to get rid of... because of it's spread in family & friends with close skin contact/ survival of the mites in clothes & linen in use.. which in turn cause reinfection repeated in spite of medication.So please throw away the thought of jumping out of window & be equipped with certain tips to fight with the mighty mites.. & get rid of the problem permanently.
*1) few life style changes would soothe the symptoms & make you better-
- Keep your skin cool/ avoid exposure to heat
-Cultivate habit of not using linens & clothes unwashed/ somebody else' s clothes
- daily scrubbing of the affected parts with soap & water( specially webs or folds of body )thoroughly , followed by application of local ointment or lotion prescribed by doctor..complete body under the face
- Antiallergic drugs/ steroids give temporary symptomatic relief only... so our object should be at curing the disease process along with temporary relief.
2) as it is known to spread & keep on infecting the near contacts / family members, it is advised to have treatment of everybody at a time/ keep the unaffected ones free from touch or use of infected clothes & linen.
3) Cleaning of clothes- The clothes & linen should be cleaned with hot water & soap/ dried in high heat... before starting treatment.
The non washable things should be dry cleaned./ sealed in a plastic bag & put it away in unused place.. so as to starve the mite & kill them ... it takes about 3 weeks to a month.
- Daily washing & drying of clothes with soap & hot water is a must. The clothes of all family members should not be mixed together while washing.
* treatment by a skin specialist- mostly local treatment with strict self management solves the problem.
In few immuno compromised patients doctor may advise oral drugs are needed to get a control on the mites.
** Thus with a careful self help & expert doctor's advise would get cut the vicious circle of reinfection& gain success in conquering the adamant condition.
I hope you found the answer both informative & useful . Any follow up query you have please feel free to ask.
I request for grading the answer before you close the query, in case you find it useful
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of scabies infection
- Detol in the treatment of scabies
- Drugs/medication for scabies infection
- Scabies infection period
- Over the counter scabies treatment
- Treatment and cure for scabies infection
- Natural scabies treatment
- Nizoral scabies treatment
- Symptoms of scabies infection
- Scabies infection causes