Suggest treatment for recurrent pimples
I am 39 years old and always had a clear skin. Since past 6 months I have been getting pimples on my face very frequently. This started when I was in cold area (Minnesota) but is still continuing after moving to XXXXXXX I used to apply coconut oil on my pimples. Now I see dark patches on the place where pimples were there earlier. One of the patch has grown in size and looks like a mole. I am attaching some pictures. What is the reason for these pimples all of a sudden? and what is the remedy for it?
Acne vulgaris & mole
Welcome to HCM..
I read history and saw photos you uploaded. I can understand your concern for relapsing acne lesion at this age. It may be called adult acne. I think most common triggering factor may be stress. Sleeplessness, travelling, weather, pollution, oily food, drugs like steroid, exercise...etc may also cause acne in adults.
At present you have few lesions of acne and post acne spots. I would like to suggest as follow...
- cap minocycline 50 mg daily in morning on empty stomach. This is an antibiotic and prescription medicine.
- tab isotretinoin 5 mg daily at night. This may have some side effects and should be taken after consultation with dermatologist.
- tab vitamin C 500 mg at night
- apply adapalene gel on acne lesions at night
- apply kojic acid containing gel on black spots and patches
- cleanse the skin with face wash containing kojic acid and glycolic acid
And for mole, I can say that it is a benign condition,it may be kept untreated. If you feel embarrassing, excision and electrocautery may be done under local anaesthesia.
And take care of dry skin applying moisturizing cream containing glycerine. Avoid soap on dry skin. Take vitamin C containing fruits.
I recommend you to consult dermatologist and have perfect treatment for acne, post acne spots and mole.
I hope this would be helpful. Still any query..you may ask..ok
Wishing you healthy life.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest suitable treatment for pimples on face
- Suggest treatment for post pimple scars
- Suggest treatment for itching face and pimples
- Suggest treatment for pimples
- Suggest treatment for infected pimples on head
- Pimples on cheeks and forehead suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for pimples caused by dandruff
- Suggest treatment for acne and pimples
- Suggest treatment for pimple and tanning
- Suggest treatment for pimples on penis
- Large, pus filled scarred blisters on buttock, raw patch on vagina, bump...
- Burning and warm skin on left of rib cage, no rash or shingles. What...
- Have itching around neck, ankles and under the head of the penis....
- Skin infection since months, itching only during sweating. Diagnosed to...
- Skin type is oily, want to have fair skin. Which cream shall I use?
- Having uncontrollable sweat in underarms. What to do?
- Diabetic. Have red blotches on legs. Suggest
- Noticed lump in nostril. Report showed moderate leucocytes. What does...
- Having clusters of painful warts on palm. Prescribe medications?
- Have bumps on elbow under skin. Having unusual color. What could this be?