• question-icon

Suggest treatment for recurrent pimple on the penis

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: A pimple apeared on my penis shaft that i eventually got tired of seeing and popped it. I sweezed it for a while till no more puss came out, But it healed back up. So i popped again after a week this time clear liquid came out with litlle blood. It hurt to popp but Doesnt really bother me afterward. Im cleaning it using alcohol wipess and putting a neosporin bandage over the popped pimple and swapping it out 2 times a day. Have on had sex with my wife. No health issues. Doesnt hurt to urinate. Good erections. I work in construction. I shave sometimes.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No intervention needed. Need not bother about it.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and have checked the attached image. I understand your concerns. As you should know, there are bacteria on our skin and occasionally they cause boils. You possibly got such a boil. The bacteria could have infected a sebaceous gland (the glands secreting an oily secretion called sebum). You need not squeeze out the contents. Just leave it as it is and do not bother. Repeated squeezing could make it worse by making the infection spread. In the present condition you may apply some antibiotic ointment like neosporin or mupirocin. You could also leave it alone and not bother. I do not suppose that it will worsen.

Just keep the area clean and dry and things would be fine.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha