Suggest treatment for recurrent pancreatitis
Levels of lipase correlate with severity!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this recurrent attacks of pancreatitis that you have reported. The main way to go is to identify the cause and treat it once and for all so that you would not continue having repeated attacks. Repeated attacks would completely destroy the pancreas and cause digestive problems as well as difficulties controlling your blood glucose that can lead to diabetes. Some of the most common causes are bile stones and very high triglyceride levels in blood. I will suggest you ask your doctor about what he thinks the cause is and what his plan is.
High lipase levels suggest that the extend of the inflammation was big. It would also carry a poorer outcome than if you had lower levels. Beyond these, it carries no extra damage to other organs of the body.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Thank you for your answer..
Thanks you, too!
Hi and thanks for the follow up precision
Higher numbers correlate with higher severity. With idiopathic pancreatitis, we do not really know the cause and thus preventing becomes very difficult. I wish you the very best of all possible outcomes.
If you have any further concerns, I am here to address them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for recurrent pancreatitis
- Recurrent pancreatitis causes
- Acute pancreatitis treatment
- Chronic pancreatitis pain treatment
- Diagnosis of recurrent pancreatitis
- Dilated pancreatic duct treatment
- Suggest treatment for pancreatic cancer
- Treatment of infected pancreatic pseudocyst
- Symptoms of recurrent pancreatitis
- Treatment and cure for recurrent pancreatitis