Suggest treatment for recurrent painful throbbing ear infections with fluid
How long should it drain and is pain normal? As of last night I also have become dizzy.
Healing takes time, symptomatic care
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Recurrent ear infections make the tympanostomy necessary and fluid drainage is made sure of as fluid inside results in delayed recovery.
Pain and dizziness are all the sequelae and should be managed conservatively. Weekly followups and compliance to the medications specially antibiotics and a keen monitoring of fever status is advised.
Healing time is relative and varies with age groups. Children usually subside with in a week due to their healthy immune system. However old ages of geriatric limits vary and healing may be prolonged for a week.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Best treatment for ear infection
- Suggest treatment for ear infection
- Adult ear infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for allergic rhinitis associated with ear infection
- Fungal ear infection treatment
- Ear infection fluid in ear burping problem treatment
- Suggest treatment for robotic sounds caused by an ear infection
- Treatment corynebacterium ear infection
- Treatment and cure for recurrent ear infections
- Suggest treatment for ear infection and throat pain