Suggest treatment for recurrent nose bleeds

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: hello doctor
today my daughter having nose bleeding 5 times in a day.no pain in nose.no other problem.earler this occurs very rare.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please add some more details:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. I am assuming that your daughter is a child. Please add details about her age and side, duration, quantity of the epistaxis (bleeding from the nose).

2. In children, most cases of minor nasal bleeds are of no concern. Delicate blood vessels in the nose, mostly in the front part of the septum bleed due to normal growth in size of the nose, or weather change, colds (due to adenoids), sneezing, infection, finger trauma, foreign body (if one sided), and so on.

3. If the bleeding is very little, use a saline nasal drops. If the blood is a lot or drips into the throat and mouth, get a doctor to examine her. Investigations and medication cam be prescribed by the doctor after examining her.

I hope that I have answered your query If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T