Suggest treatment for recurrent migraine headaches

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Sir, My sister,age 38,is diagnosed as suffering with Migrain,local Dr has advisd her to take Tab -topaz (25 mg)-1 tab and Tab - sibelium (10 mg) daily at night,but still she is feeling drowsiness and weekness.advise me
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Initially one drug should be used.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Sibelium and Topiramate are both drugs used to prevent migraine headaches.

In my opinion, your sister initially should use one of the drugs to prevent migraines, not simultaneously, because side effects are more probable when two drugs used instead of one.

You can discuss with your sister's Doctor about using Topiramate eg. 50-100 mg daily.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad