Suggest treatment for recurrent loose stool in a child
what is the reason for this. Is this medication fine. what food we need to give.
Not related to vaccine. Ors and zinc
Thanks for writing to us.
Usually loose stools is viral infection and may last for a week.
There is no relation to vaccine and loose stools.
Enterogermina is a probiotic which helps to reduce loose stools by promoting digestion ability of baby.
What I would suggest to all children with similar symptoms
1. ORS SOLUTION like electral. This is must as it will prevent dehydration as loose stools result in water and electrolytes loss.
This loss has to be replaced.
2. Zinc at 10mg daily for 14 days. This will help in healing the gut and controlling loose.stools.
If your baby is active and playful and is passing urine atleast six times a day there is no need to worry.
If not settling consult your pediatrician.
Food - avoid milk and sweet juices.
Rice, curd, dhal can be given.
Avoid oily foods too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for loose stools and vomiting
- Helicobacter pylori recurrance loose stool
- Child has loose stools done stool test valuable suggestions
- Completed hepatitis c treatment having pale loose stools suggestions
- Suggest treatment for loose stools and vomiting in a toddler
- Jelly in loose stools child
- Treatment and cure for chronic loose stools
- Loose stool gastric problem home or ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment and cure for Loose stool
- Treatment for loose stools and hot flushes