Suggest Treatment For Recurrent Lightheadedness
I would recommend performing further tests:
Thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that it is important performing a comprehensive differential diagnosis between different causes that may lead to this clinical scenario:
- Orthostatic intolerance
- a cardiac arrhythmia
- thyroid dysfunction
- epilepsy seizures, etc..
For this reason, I recommend consulting with your attending physician for a physical exam and some tests:
- a resting ECG
- an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring to exclude possible cardiac arrhythmia
- a Head Up Tilt test to rule in/out possible orthostatic hypotension
- thyroid hormone levels for possible thyroid dysfunction
- blood electrolytes for possible imbalance
- an EEG may be necessary if suspicions of seizures are raised.
If all the above tests result normal, you should consider anxiety as the main cause of your symptoms. In such case, you should consider with a specialist of the field.
Hope to have been helpful!