Suggest treatment for recurrent high fever and Pyelonephritis
WBC 15.0 (H) Ref. Range 4.6-10.2
RBC 3.88 (L) Ref. Range 4.04-6.13
HGB 10.0 (L) Ref. Range 12.0-16.0
MCH 25.8 (L) Ref. Range 27.0-31.2
MCHC 31.4 (L) Ref. Range 31.8-36.0
RDW 16.1 (H) Ref. Range 11.6-15.5
NEUT # 8.6 (H) Ref. Range 2.0-7.2
LYMPH # 4.0 (H) Ref. Range 0.6-3.4
MONO # 2.3 (H) Ref. Range 0.0-0.9
MONO% 15.5 (H) Ref. Range 0.0-12.0
SED RATE 29 (H) Ref. Range 0-20
CRP was reported to me to be 69 with normal range of 2, but it isn't showing on this report.
She was in the hospital 5 days before these labs were ran with the high fever and they reported to me a left shift, but I don't see anything noting that specifically on these labs. I haven't received a copy of the hospital labs yet to reference.
Any thoughts? My concerns are Lupus, JRA, Leukemia.
Immunodeficiency needs to be ruled out
Hi...I have a few questions for you.
1. What was her birth weight and current weight?
2. What's her current height and exact date of birthday?
3. Was she in ICU any time during her hospitalizations?
4. Did she have any bone and joint infections in past?
5. Does she have recurrent skin infections or abscesses or boils?
6. What was her exact immunoglobulin profile levels and ranges?
7. Please look into her mouth with her tongue out and see if you can see her tonsils easily or not?
1. All this is going on since 6 weeks if life - so unlikely to be leukemia.
2. Jra doesn't start that early.
3. That leaves immunodeficiency as a strong possibility.
Please get back with answers and I will guide you.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Her current height is 33 inches and her birthday is 10-5-12.
She was never admitted to ICU. She was in the hospital for a little over a week with the septic pyelonephritisat 6 weeks. She was in the hospital for 2 days with the blood clot. They would have kept her longer but I had experience with it and the lovenox shots I had to administer to her for four months. She was hospitalized for 3 days to run tests for reasons for the febrile seizure. None were found. She was hospitalized for four days with her last bout of pyelonephritis.
She has no known bone or joint infections.
She has some eczema patches on her cheeks and arms, but that is the only issues with her skin.
We reran her immunoglobuin profiles last week. They were ran at one year and her IgA was low but not deficient. I don't remember the exact number. I am IgA deficient and so is my paternal grandfather. That's why we initially ran them.
IgA result was 94 Normal Range was 27-246
IgG was 930 Normal Range was 468-1250
IgM was 78 Normal Range was 37-184
Her tonsils are unusually large always, just like mine.
We have an appointment with my immunologist this Thursday, but I was ready to rule out an immunological issue after those results appeared in the normal range. What other immunodeficiency issue could there be that I should potentially bring up to my immunologist? Should we check her IgE or IgD levels? Are there other immunological tests we can run? What other immunological disorders appear with these types of symptoms/results?
Suggestions on immunodeficiency
1. She's under height but normal weight for her age.
2. As her tonsils are large - unlikely to be hypogammaglobulinemia.
3. Not JRA or Leukemia as mentioned precious.
4. Immunodeficiency stands a strong possibility with family history being positing.
1. Selective IgA deficiency.
2. Wiskott Aldrich syndrome - recurring infection and eczema... But the caveat is normal platelet counts.
3. NK cell deficiency.
4. Chronic Granulomatous disease.
5. Hyper IgE syndrome - least likely - as there's no abscess formation.
1. IgE and IgD.
2. Flowcytometry for T and B cell markers.
3. NBT TEST along with genetic mutation analysis for Chronic Granulomatous disease.
4. HIV Elisa test.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for persisting high fever
- Zinnat treatment for high fever
- What treatment is suggested for high fever
- Treatment and cure for high fever
- Suggest medication for high fever
- Suggest treatment for high fever
- Child having high fever suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment to cure high fever
- Treatment and cure for high fever nausea
- Treatment and cure for intermittent high fever
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?