Suggest treatment for recurrent genital infection
i have suffer since 1 year .
Need to search for sytemic cause,evalaution of partner is needed
Hello Mr. XXX,
Thanks for writing to us.
You are suffering from recurrent genital infection which is likely fungal infection.
Candid B Lotion contains Clotrimazole(antifungal) & Beclomethasone diproprionate(strong steroids for relief). THiese medicines can cause relief of symptoms but they do not cure the problems they work topically.
Common causes of recurrent genital infection are:
-Uncircumcised men with poor hygiene - men who have not been circumcised have a moist, dark, warm space underneath the foreskin that is favorable for yeast growth if he is not bale to maintain good hygiene over there
- Female partner having history of recurrent genital infection and intercourse with female without condom.
- Diabetes - this is a risk factor because high blood glucose levels promote the yeast and affect immune defenses
-Antibiotics Use of higher antibiotics for any systemic physical problem
-Corticosteroids - these drugs are associated with a higher risk of fungal infection
- Immuno suppression - weakened immunity reduces the body's defence against the fungus and so allows Candida to thrive. Examples are HIV,cancer.
You should undergo blood check up like fasting blood sugar, urine routine micro and culture, CBC,STD(sexually transmitted disease profile) and your partner should also be evaluated.
Also let me know some details:
- Have you ever consulted doctor/dermatologist? If yes, provide me his/her opinion? If not please visit dermatologist as soon as possible.
- Do not use Candid B on your own. Probably your infection has became resistant to it and use of it may worsen the situation due to steroids.
- From above possibilities do you think that any one is there in your case?
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
we are here to help and guide you in right direction
Thanks for follow up.
I can understand your confusion. I expect that you have read terms and conditions of using this site. We are here to answer your health related query, help and guide you in right direction for your treatment.
In skin conditions, diagnosis is made on basis of history, physical examination and/or required investigations. You are suffering from recurrent problem since 1 year. And in this situation normally one should consult doctor for treatment. I have already provided list of required investigations to reach to some diagnosis as your problem is recurrent.
Miconazole ointment is good enough for now. Get the tests done to rule out causes of recurrent infection. Keep local hygiene and wash the area often. Take hygienic diet.
I hope you are clear about your doubts now and would like to hear from you with investigation reports.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for std genital infection
- Treatment and cure for genital infection
- Upper genital infection causes
- Treatment and cure for herpetic genital infection
- Treatment and cure for repeated genital infections
- Hsv-1 genital infection
- Herpetic genital infection causes
- Treatment and cure for upper genital infection
- Repeated genital infections causes
- Genital infection causes
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation