Suggest treatment for recurrent genital herpes infection
Get swab test of urethral discharge done.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had Genital Herpes infection 5 years back which got cured with Valcyclovir .
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex very recently?
2) Do you have itching of the genitals?
3) Is there urethral discharge or fluid filled vesicle on glans penis?
4) Do you have urinary symptoms like burning ,frequency etc?
Though cured symptomatically Herpes 2 infection remains dormant without any symptoms which gets flared up at any time .
Please consult qualified Urologist and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture
2) Swab test and culture of fluid from lesion or urethral discharge .
3) PCR test
4) Basic screening test for STD.
In the mean while continue taking antibiotic like Erythromycin and Acyclovir twice daily.
Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily,
Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Continue taking medications suggested for 10 days.
Thanks for feedback.
Please get the tests done suggested in my reply earlier and continue taking medicines .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for genital herpes outbreaks
- Diagnosed with genital herpes suggestions
- Genital herpes treatment cream
- Treatment and cure for genital herpes
- Suggest treatment for genital herpes
- Genital herpes treatment valtrex
- Genital herpes infection timeline
- What are the treatment herpes infection
- Genital herpes treatment
- Treatment and cure for Herpes infections