Suggest treatment for recurrent folliculitis
Recurrent folliculitis, go for lab tests,tab rifampicin & mupirocin cream
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints it seems you are having recurrent folliculitis which is inflammation of the hair follicles.
It is common in persons with diabetes, iron deficiency anemia and persons having bacteria in carriage sites.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to get the following tests like fasting blood sugar, haemoglobin, serum ferritin levels.
Also to eliminate the bacteria from carriage sites , take antibiotic like tablet rifampicin 600 mg once daily for 2-3 weeks and apply topical antibiotic like mupirocin cream in the nostrils, external ears, finger and toe web spaces, umblicus, axilla and perianal area for 2-3 weeks.
Rifampicin is a prescription drug and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
This should help in resolving your problem.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for folliculitis on forearms and thighs
- Recurrent folliculitis causes
- Drugs/medication for recurrent folliculitis
- Treatment and cure for recurrent folliculitis
- Diagnosis of recurrent folliculitis
- Symptoms of recurrent folliculitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic scalp folliculitis
- Suggest treatment for folliculitis over the gluteal region
- Folliculitis treatment
- Recurrent folliculitis on azathioprine