Suggest treatment for recurrent folliculitis

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: did you see the pics
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is folliculitis again.

Detailed Answer:
Yes, I saw them.
They appear to be classical folliculitis again.
What body part are they on right now ?
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 minutes later
my bikini area
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Laser treatment ?

Detailed Answer:
You have gone through this so many times.
Antibiotics too have been tried often.
I seriously think you need to consider that laser treatment.
That is the only solution now for this problem.
Please get it done at the earliest.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 minute later
ok well i haven't had a chance to call mu doc i am first thing in am so i can get something for this pain n burning
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Suggested.

Detailed Answer:
Yes, you can.
Use pure aloe vera extract on it, if you can lay your hands straight on a leaf.
Lacto calamine lotion also should help.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 minutes later
ok i will check that out for sure
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Do that, and keep me posted.
And yes, please get that laser procedure done.
IT is the only way out.
ok ima check prices on it
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do that.

Detailed Answer:
Please do that.
No point suffering recurrent bouts in this manner
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
yea i kno i cant just keep being miserable ya kno im only making it worst for myself ya know i guess cause i just keep freaking out that possibly other things r wrong w me and that when i go to the doc im just being judged cause i keep going back but the burning and feeling like that everyday down in that area is miserable why does it feel moist n like sweaty down there to ita just weird
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
I can understand.
It is simple folliculitis, just a bad, resistant case of folliculitis.
You do not have to be hesitant or ashamed to go see your doctor, because it is a genuine problem that you are having, and only your doctor can help you out.
I wish I could be there personally, but right now I can just offer guidance and support on the internet.
It feels moist and sweaty because of the infected hair follicles.
It must be truly very uncomfortable, but luckily the solution is out there.
Please get it done.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 32 hours later
i called the doc they supposed to be calling me in something different they said they will call me back if he needs to see me again
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Let me know what the doctor said

Detailed Answer:
Please let me know what the doctor said, what was it that he said ?