Suggest treatment for recurrent fever

Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: my child is 17 months old and he got fever. doctor gave mefanorm and feffanil.
fever is repeating in 4hrs. doctor prescribed to give above two alternate on a gap of 4 hrs
please prescribe what is to be done?
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Paracetamol 15 mg/kg body weight+sponging.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking question on health care magic.
Paracetamol (Fepanil) 15 mg/kg body weight every 4-6 hourly along with tepid sponging depending on the gravity of fever.
If it is viral fever associated with cold no antibiotic is necessary.
Bacterial infection like urinary tract infection,Pneumonia,CSOM or pyoderma need antibiotic therapy.
If bacterial infection is suspected better consult pediatrician for thorough investigation and proper management.
Hope this answer will serve your purpose
Please feel free to ask any more queries if required
Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH
Associate professor of pediatrics
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad