Suggest treatment for recurrent cold in an infant
Looks like viral cold - please do not use antibiotics
Hi....I understand your concern.
This looks like viral illness with cold. Antibiotics are absolutely not indicated. You have been given 2 of them. Please stop Clavam and Walamycin.
Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.
Paracetamol can be given in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose (maximum ceiling dose of 500mg) every 4-6th hourly that too only if fever is more than 100F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.
Cough and cold are viral 95% of the times in children. For cold you can use anti-allergics like cetirizine and for nose block, saline nasal decongestants will do.
For cold you can use Cetrizine at 0.25mg/kg/dose every 12 hourly for 3 days.
For nasal block, plain saline nasal drops will do, every 4-6th hourly to relive nasal congestion.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for cold sore
- Suggest permanent treatment for acute cold
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for cold and cough
- What treatment is suggested for fever and cold
- Suggest treatment for allergic cold and fever
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest treatments for bad cold
- Suggest treatment for cold and sneezing
- Suggest treatment for cold during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?