Suggest treatment for recurrent cold and cough in a child

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 22 Jul 2017 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Hi Doctor, My son is 9 years and 5 months old. He is allergic to Milk products, egg, cold weather. As he is not taking milk products and eggs, he is not strong enough. Please suggest an alternative food/supplements to fill the lack of milk and eggs in his food.
Also please suggest how to improve the immunity against cold weather as he used to catch cold and cough immediately after exposed to cold weather.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Influenza vaccine annually will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
For immunity proteins are very essential.
So give him foods which are reach in proteins like pulses, protein powder etc.
Also start tablet containing multivitamin, anti oxidants and trace elements.
All these will boost his immunity.
For cold, by your history and description, possibility of asthma is more.
So better to give combination of antihistamine (levocetrizine or fexofenadine) and anti allergic (montelukast) before starting of cold weather.
Influenza vaccine annually will also help in prevention of recurrent cold.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your son. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D