Suggest treatment for recurrent chronic back pain

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, i am having Vitamin D3 and calcuim deficency i have got my MRI and blood test done, as per my MRI report says i have a 2 small gaps that are developing in my neck and i am also wearing a soft collar belt for the same. i am suffering thru sever back pain and same routes in the lower back and hip area and i get spasams which are really back. i take pain killer injections when the pain unbearable.
i also get swelling in my foot and body weight has increased there my doctor has also asked me to get RA blood test and thyroid test done please suggest.

i had visited DY XXXXXXX Hospital at nerul navi XXXXXXX where the blood test and MRI was done but the doctors there said that no major issue seen in the MRI...since the problem persisted i visited my local physcian and he suggested that he was able to see 2 small gaps in my neck portion for which he was not very sure but suggested me to wear a collar belt as the pain in my neck is the cause of lower back pain. The pain occurs in my hip portion and then gives me numness sever pain.
all these test were done in the month of March and for next 2 months i was ok again the pain has started. i am completely cule less as what is happening and why is this pain coming. please help
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Arthritis of spine may be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting and I understand your concern. I need to know better to understand your problem like-
1. What is the duration of your suffering?
2. Any family history of multiple joint pains?
3. What makes the pain worse?
Your symptoms are suggestive of some sort of arthritis which is affecting the spine.
My suggestion for you would be get following test done and see me afterwards- serum RA factor, ANA test, Anti CCP antibody test and serum uric acid, HLAB27.

Please get back to me with the details and if possible along with the reports.
Meanwhile may continue with the pain killer medicine along with hot water fomentation.

Be positive and do not lose hope.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari