Suggest treatment for recurrent allergy and rashes after stopping L Montus Tablet

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Sir,

Am 40 now. Taking L Montus Tablet for the last two months due to allergy / rashes at the forehead and thighs...whenever I try stop the tablet...allergy symptoms again comes within two days of time...how to cure this allergy permanently, I don't have asthma or cold...
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get done serum IgE level and eosinophil count.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Honestly speaking, allergy is body's reflex to an allergen.
It is actually protective mechanism.
Best treatment of allergy is identification of allergen and if possible complete avoidance of it.
Drugs actually help in controlling allergic inflammation and symptoms.
But they don't cure allergy.
Newer treatment options for allergy are available.
1. Immunotherapy like sub cutaneous immunotherapy (SCIT) and sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT).
2. Omalizumab (monoclonal antibody against IgE).
These are newer treatments and very costly.
Effectiveness is not permanent, but symptomatic relief can be achieved for 1-2 years.
After 1-2 years, you need to repeat the treatment.
For this you need to get done serum IgE level and eosinophil count.
Based on these values dose of immunotherapy and omalizumab is decided.
So first get done IgE level and eosinophil count.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.