Suggest treatment for recurrent UTI
You can use it if you have an UTI after culture and sensitivity of urine.
Hello! I have been through your question.
Related your concern first I need to know more about your signs and symptoms. Do you have burning frequent urination associated with blood or not and as well do you have fever and lower back pain?
Usually we recommend to use nitrofurantoin for an UTI, but in your case having recurrent UTI I suggest to do an urine test and culture and sensitivity of urine before taking this antibiotic in order to see antibiotic resistance.
You should know that the urine culture is used to diagnose an UTI and to identify the bacteria causing the infection and find which drugs are likely to be most effective. For those who have frequent UTI like you, their bacteria may become resistant to antibiotics over time, making careful selection of antibiotic.
I hope my answer helps you.
Feel free to ask me further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrentt uti
- What is the cause and treatment for recurrent uti
- Suggest treatment for recurring uti
- Suggest treatment for uti
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss and uti
- Suggest treatment for fever due to uti
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for reoccuring uti
- What treatment is suggested for uti
- Suggest treatment for recurrent uti