Owl Image

Suggest treatment for recurrent H.pylori infection

Question
i was having H PYLORI (after doing endoscopy this was found in 2013) and had taken a full treatment for 15 days and thereafter lesser quantity for 40 days. now for the last 2/3 months, i am uncomfortable as my stomach is always showing full and immedaitely after meals, i am getting uncomfortableness. further, in some days, even breathing is getting not normal
Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
?? Possible re-infection sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

It sounds like you could possibly be suffering from a reinfection sir, but this has to be confirmed with the help of a blood investigation to check for antibodies of H. pylori or a breath test. I would suggest you to schedule an appointment with the doctor who treated you last time as he would know your history as well, or with any doctor available.

You could also initiate antacids that were used during your treatment last time (eg. omeprazole), but not the antibiotics as this will have to be prescribed by your doctor. I hope you can meet your doctor as soon as possible so we can confirm the diagnosis at the earliest and help you to find relief from your symptoms.

Please also feel free to write to me regarding any clarifications or doubts you have sir. I am always available to help.

Best wishes sir.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for recurrent H.pylori infection 10 hours later

blood investigation to check for antibodies of H. pylori --could you please inform clearly what is the name of the test(i had done on 27.2.14 the following :
HBVsAG, HIV report HIV I & II, KIDNEY FUNCTION TEST(KFT), LIVER FUNCTION TEST(LFT), SUGAR REPORT, LIPID PROFILE, CBC, URINE NICTINE EXAMINATION
WHERE EVERYTHING IS FINE. PLS CONFIRM

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Helicobacter pylori blood test

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

The investigation is just called a test to check for H. pylori levels using a blood sample sir. Just request the laboratory assistant or doctor, they will surely know about it.

Thank you for that information sir. But the investigations you underwent are unrelated to this sir. But it is good that you conducted them either way.

I hope this helps sir.

Best wishes.