Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for recurrent H.pylori infection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
i was having H PYLORI (after doing endoscopy this was found in 2013) and had taken a full treatment for 15 days and thereafter lesser quantity for 40 days. now for the last 2/3 months, i am uncomfortable as my stomach is always showing full and immedaitely after meals, i am getting uncomfortableness. further, in some days, even breathing is getting not normal
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
?? Possible re-infection sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

It sounds like you could possibly be suffering from a reinfection sir, but this has to be confirmed with the help of a blood investigation to check for antibodies of H. pylori or a breath test. I would suggest you to schedule an appointment with the doctor who treated you last time as he would know your history as well, or with any doctor available.

You could also initiate antacids that were used during your treatment last time (eg. omeprazole), but not the antibiotics as this will have to be prescribed by your doctor. I hope you can meet your doctor as soon as possible so we can confirm the diagnosis at the earliest and help you to find relief from your symptoms.

Please also feel free to write to me regarding any clarifications or doubts you have sir. I am always available to help.

Best wishes sir.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for recurrent H.pylori infection 10 hours later

blood investigation to check for antibodies of H. pylori --could you please inform clearly what is the name of the test(i had done on 27.2.14 the following :
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Helicobacter pylori blood test

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

The investigation is just called a test to check for H. pylori levels using a blood sample sir. Just request the laboratory assistant or doctor, they will surely know about it.

Thank you for that information sir. But the investigations you underwent are unrelated to this sir. But it is good that you conducted them either way.

I hope this helps sir.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor