Suggest treatment for rectal pain caused by constipation
You need to increase the total fiber intake.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Passing stool every alternate day does not count as constipation unless the stool is hard and pellet like. The fecal matter is formed based on roughage or dietary fibers. Needless to say that you need to increase the total intake of dietary fibers, be it in the form of prune juice or other fruits and fiber containing food principles. Taking Miralax should help and you can take it comfortably and regularly. Be sure to back all this up with regular exercise.
Take curd or yogurt. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help in controlling the foul smelling gas.
Let me know if I could help further.
Sitz bath and Daflon should provide relief.
Thanks for writing back.
In such a case I would suggest you to take Sitz bath. Take warm water in a tumbler as hot as your skin can take. Sit on it with your anal opening dipped. Do this for about 20 mins a couple of times a day. You may continue to use the suppositories and cream but perhaps taking Daflon tablet four times daily for 7 days could help. Discuss about this with your doctor.
Other directions are as mentioned in the previous communication.
Increase your fiber intake.
Thanks again for writing back. Yes, it is for the soreness of your rectum that I have suggested Sitz bath and Daflon. Use of the suppositories and creams are optional but can be used. You may continue to take Miralax. Do not worry about the gas. Continue to take a good amount of fibers and yogurt and it should be fine again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for joint pain with constipation and gas
- Suggest treatment for constipation and gas
- Suggest treatment for pain and constipation after a hernia repair
- Suggest treatment for constipation and rectal bleeding
- What treatment is suggested for constipation
- Suggest treatment for constipation with stomach pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for constipation and pain in anus
- Suggest treatment for numb leg back pain and constipation
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a baby
- Suggest treatment for bloating and constipation