Suggest Treatment For Rectal Pain And Irritation
You need physical examination/needful investigations followed by treatment
* Anal pain can follow
- Constipation which in turn causes anal fissure (it has a skin crack at anus with constipation &difficulty in defecation along with pain)
- Loose motions (it's due to irritation &trauma to anal mucus membrane)
- Abscess around anus (perianal abscess associated with abscess and pain) or
- Intermittent spasm of anal muscles (intermittent spasms of anal muscle following nerve irritation)
* A detailed examination of anorectal area by Proctologist/anorectal surgeon would reveal the cause. Investigations like stool examination, proctoscopy may be needful to arrive to definite cause followed by specific management.
* Till then you need to manage constipation / diarrhea with self care, have sufficient water with salt and water for maintaining electrolyte balance in case you have loose motions and fibers in case of constipation. Foment the area with sitz bath in case of anal fissure./over the counter pain medicine for some relief
I hope that answers your query .Any follow up query is welcome.