Suggest treatment for rectal bleeding in a dialysis patient

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 8 Apr 2015 in General Health
Question: My brother has been on dyalysis he has been having bleeding as he goes to the bathroom after so many weeks he has to have blood transfusions the Dr's have done multiple tests and can not find the problem can you help with that
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some more information needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Where is he bleeding from? I assume that he is bleeding from rectum. Is it bright red blood or dark blood? Is is mixed with stool or on the surface of the stool? What kind of tests has he had?

In general bleeding form digestive tract should be diagnosed with colonoscopy (bright red blood), angio-CT (dark blood mixed with stool), gastroscopy (tare like stools).

I`m looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards.