Suggest treatment for rashes under the breasts

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a rash under my breasts and I read that it was a fungus from wearing too tight bras. I have been using a powder prescribed by my dr. but it is not going away. How do you get rid of a fungus?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clotrimazole cream or miconazole cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
For getting rid of fungal infection you need to apply antifungal medicines like clotrimazole cream or miconazole cream on the affected areas twice daily for 2-3 weeks.
If the rash is associated with itching take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad