Suggest treatment for rashes on the wrist

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 30 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: xxxxx,
I've had this small rash on my wrist for over a month now and it doesn't seem to want to go away. It doesn't itch or hurt but is very pronounced in shape and color. What could it be and what can I put on it to make it disappear? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems like a psoriasis patch. Could be fungal too but less likely

Detailed Answer:
xxxxx. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
I see a small sized, well defined, bright red patch on wrist. It seems like an eczematous patch, may be a psoriatic patch.
I suggest you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1% cream Or triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% cream, twice daily for a few days.
Another possibility is that it is a fungal infection but a fungal patch is not that bright red. Bright red appearance is more like a psoriasis patch.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 41 minutes later
Hi Dr. Kakkar!

Thank you so much for the very quick response. I'll follow your recommendation and try some topical creams and see what happens.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to us.