• question-icon

Suggest treatment for rashes on the thighs

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Good morning Doctors,

This question is for Skin Specialists.

I have some rashes in the inner thighs which is red and itchy. Its uncomfortable and annoying and not able to focus on any thing. I have been facing this problem since some time. Tried all kinds of external applications but it provides only temporary relief. Please advise what needs to be done to permanently get rid of the rashes.

Please advise
Thanks and regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Perhaps you have a fungal infection. I request you to kindly upload images in "Reports sectionl so that I am able to guide you better.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 24 hours later
Here is the attached document. I am tired of physical application and tablets. Need a permanent solution for it. Please advise
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungals

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
Its definately tinea cruris i.e fungal infection of groin folds.
Since I am not aware of your past treatment history you may let me know what all have you used.
I would suggest Cap Itraconazole 100mg (either Fixtral capsule 100mg or Sporonox Capsule 100mg or Canditral capsules 100mg) twice daily for 2 weeks.
Topically you may apply Luliconazole 1% cream (Lulifin cream or Lulican cream), twice daily for 2 weeks.
In addition I would suggest tab. Teczine 10mg once daily in evening for symptomatic relief from itching.
Also use an antifungal body wash for bath instead of a soap e.g Dersil AF body wash.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Thank you doctor. I have used itch guard and Lobate GM and couple of other skin ointments. They give only temporary relief and it comes back again. It also depends on the weather conditions and is very annoying. Instead of tablets and oral applications, is there any other way to treat it permanently?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungals

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

The ointments that you have been using are not the right treatment for fungal infection. Lobate GM is a steroid preparation and is contraindicated for groin fungal infection. It can have lot of side effects. Itchguard too is not an effective medicine for an extensive groin fungal infection like yours.
I suggest you to use the medications suggested by me.
Fungal infection can return if not properly treated or if conditions suitable for fungal growth are allowed to exist e.g staying in heat, humidity, sweating etc.
Bath twice daily. Use loose fitting cotton clothes and undergarments, wash your clothes and undergarments daily and expose to sun for at least 2 hours, iron your clothes and even undergarments which would kill the fungus present in clothes and follow the right treatment.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Thank you doctor for the suggestion. I will follow as you suggested.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to us

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist